2011-03-10

The Gambler arrives

Is it Christmas again? Noo - it's just the postman, bringing two huge boxes full of goodies from Venom. One containing the Venom Gambler Brushless and some spare parts. The other containing an unpainted body, because I want to paint it with my own trademark-paintjob later.

As far as I know it is the first Gambler in Germany. This is a big honour for me.

Brushless 3300kv and waterproof says it on the biiig box. I think it is an absolute bonus to have waterproof electronics in a car. Nearly all the offroad-tracks are outdoor here and the weather in Germany is not the same as in California :-)

Venom also included a 2.4ghz radio, which is simple but does everything you need from a radio. So I will keep that in my car.


The first impression of quaility and all around building is excellent. The Chassis comes with everything expected from a good racecar. Countless possibilities for adjusting everything you need to setup your car perfectly for every racetrack.

The most unique feature is the option to set up the chassis as mid-motor or rear motor. As I had a rear motored truck before (Traxxas Slash) and a lot of our tracks now switching to artificial turf I was happy to have a mid-motor car now, because I am sure that this should be an advantage on high grip tracks.

 

This is the chassis with the waterproof receiver-box in the front. I exchanged the stock 7-cell battery for a Lipo-battery. The 7-cell-pack surely gives a good performance, but as I want to use the Gambler on the racetrack I use Lipos.




I like the graphics on the gambler a lot. Makes the car unique and is waaay cooler than flames/manga/airbrush-style paintjobs.



What a great feature: an assortment of extremely cool special mudflaps. I am sure, my racing buddies will envy these :-)






The mid-motor and the very rigid shock-tower-support.



The 3-part Beadlox-wheels not only look good but they also hold the tires without glue.



The layout of the Venom Gambler

I already love my Venom Gambler. Still a very exotic car at the moment. But this will surely change soon.


I report on the first rollout and the racing soon.

Keep watching!


No comments:

Post a Comment